Body Language May Shape Who You are
Body language can affect the mind in several ways:
- Confidence: Confident body postures can boost one’s self-esteem and make them feel more in control.
- Emotions: Body Postures can help express and regulate emotions, and can also influence others’ emotions.
- Thoughts: Certain body postures have been shown to influence thinking patterns and decision making.
- Perception: A person’s body postures can impact how others perceive them and form judgments.
- Communication: Body postures is a form of non-verbal communication that can reinforce, contradict, or emphasize spoken words.
- Attraction: Body postures can play a role in attraction and rapport building in social and romantic situations.
- Deception detection: Observing a person’s body postures can sometimes provide clues about the truthfulness of their spoken words.
Our body postures not only reflects our thoughts, feelings, and emotions, but it also helps to shape them. Here’s how:
- Feedback Loop: The way we hold ourselves affects how we feel, and those feelings then influence our posture and body postures further.
- Confidence: Confident body postures can increase confidence and improve mood.
- Thoughts: Holding certain body postures has been shown to influence thinking patterns and decision making.
- Self-fulfilling prophecy: Our body postures can affect the way others perceive us, which can then influence our own self-perception and behavior.
- Empathy: Mirroring another person’s body postures can increase rapport and empathy.
CALL ME FOR A FREE 20 MINUTE CONVERSATION (310) 600-3458
Check out what our customers have to say about us on our Google page!