Stress causes tension and Anxiety Disorder
Some of the childhood circumstances that may cause a person to develop Anxiety Disorders.
- Parents are overly concerned with safety. If parents are constantly over cautious and fearful about danger in everyday events this can cause a child to be afraid to explore and will view the world as dangerous.
- Excessive criticism from parents often makes a child feel insecure and dependent. If the child feels overly dependent on the parents approval and this approval is withheld this sets up an over reliance on a safe person and can later changes to a safe place this can lead to agoraphobia.
- Parents discourage expression of feelings and assertiveness in asking for needs to be met. If a child is shamed or humiliated for the way he expresses himself or for getting angry he will often try to hold his feelings in which causes anxiety and depression.
- Stress also causes tension and anxiety. When cumulative stress builds up, people can start to have panic attacks.
Anxiety disorders are maintained by the following
- Avoiding the situations that cause anxiety
- Anxious self- talk
- Negative and self limiting beliefs
- Denying your feelings
- Lack of assertiveness and expression
There are many ways to treat anxiety disorders including EMDR, cognitive therapy, cognitive rehearsal, hypnotherapy, exposure therapy, EFT, Imagery desensitization, and systematic desensitization.
Check out what our customers have to say about us on our Google page!