1) Acknowledge your feelings of loss and allow yourself to feel upset.
2) Start making a list of all the things you have wanted to do in your life that you haven’t yet gotten to. Pick one of these to start this week.
3) Seek out friends who have been through this or can understand how you feel and talk with them about your feelings.
4) Keep a journal or spend 5 minutes meditating outside every morning. Remember the amount of time meditating is not important. It is the regularity and commitment that count so commit to 5 minutes when you first wake up. You’ll be surprised how much this will raise your spirits.
5) Seek professional help if you are feeling overwhelmed.